How to use column mapping in Evidently.
TL;DR: Evidently expects a certain dataset structure and input column names. You can specify any differences by creating a
ColumnMappingobject. It works the same way for Test Suites and Reports.
Column mapping helps correctly process the input data.
column_mappingis not specified or set as
None, Evidently will use the default mapping strategy.
- All columns with numeric types (np.number) will be treated as Numerical.
- All columns with DateTime format (np.datetime64) will be treated as DateTime.
- All other columns will be treated as Categorical.
- The column named “id“ will be treated as an ID column.
- The column named “datetime” will be treated as a DateTime column.
- The column named